To treat strangers as guests...
...to turn guests into friends
Why Choose Accidental Tourist?
- In the spring of 1998, ours was the first pasta class in Florence – that’s 23 years experience..
- We open our own historical home to you: a 900 year old villa in our family for 6 generations
- Max 8 people in each group, so we can give you all the attention you deserve
- In observance with social distancing: to enjoy a spontaneous familiar environment in all safety, we offer private classes at no extra cost.
- Custom classes for families traveling with children
- Unlimited local headache-free Chianti wine for our guests!
- For every meal we serve, we provide one for a homeless person. That’s ONE to ONE.
- The ingredients we use in our class are 100% organic, no GMO, farm-to-table
- Over the years, we have researched and developed our own secret low-gluten pasta recipe.
- We are working towards a plastic-free experience: bee-wax cloth and homemade detergents, so far. Looking for more ideas..
- If you’d like to stay after cooking, eating and drinking, you can BOOK A NIGHT at the villa and…
- If you are unable to travel, you can still enjoy the experience with our ON-LINE CLASS and TUSCAN RESCUE BOX
- If you are a digital nomad, looking for a place to quarantine in comfort, or simply a magical place to find inspiration BOOK A STAY at the villa
What To Expect
- A relaxing day in the Chianti region, just outside of Florence
- Traditional Tuscan wine and food, prepared together in an intimate setting, with “body & soul health” in mind
- A fully hands-on class, followed by a plentiful meal including wine and dessert
- Transportation included: with pick up and drop off in the heart of Florence
- Visa and MasterCard accepted
- Upon request, we are happy to work around food restrictions
LAST MINUTE REQUEST? DOES YOUR DESIRED DATE SHOW UNAVAILABLE? TRYING TO SQUEEZE ONE MORE PERSON IN YOUR PARTY?
THERE IS STILL HOPE! CONTACT US DIRECTLY AND WE’LL DO OUR BEST TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR REQUEST.
Whattsapp or Telegram: (+39) 3486020257
The Accidental Tourist Shop
From our home to yours and yours…
You can now order our House Wine and Extra Virgin Olive Oil online! Available to ship to the USA and beyond!
This home has a century-long history of opening to strangers in hardship. It was an orphanage in the 16th century.
It offered shelter to men and women from different nationalities, during WWII.
Since 1998, the Accidental Tourist have hosted over 30,000 guests, for a cooking class or to spend the night.
We have honored this tradition by creating a room that is available to stranded travelers. It can sleep a family of 4. Help us keep it open!
Watch Our Latest Video
Our home from the skies above.
Guests From Around the Globe
Our very favorite letters from guests
“Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. What a wonderful day! We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. It was the highlight of our trip to Florence...
What you didn't know, was my sister, Nancy, has terminal cancer. Her dream was to go to Italy, so Kathy & I made it happen. She said that day was one of the best days of her life. Thank you again for making our trip so special.”
— Mary Jane
I hope this note finds you well. As I look through old photos & reflect on this year, I realize that our day with you may have been our best. It was beyond doubt the most meaningful to our daughter, Helen, about to leave for university. In a summer of tumult, she was so calm in your kitchen. So present, so taken by the kindness. She loved working with her hands. I think something shifted in her brain, or maybe her heart. When we left, she said to me on the walk home, “Steve is the happiest person I’ve ever met.” She realized: he had designed his life. Lived as he wanted to live: fully, with richness, beauty, and kindness. She saw a carpet of options unrolling before her. Her life would no longer be a box.
Finally, thank you for all you do to make this world a more beautiful place. If you ever feel it goes unnoticed, it does not. Your fingerprints are all over my child.
– Holley C