SO, REALLY, WHY CHOOSE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST?
- In the spring of 1998, ours was the first cooking class in Florence! That’s 21 years experience!
- We open our own homes to you: a 900 year old villa in our family for 6 generations, or a 17th century farmhouse, surrounded by olive groves
- We offer private classes for families with children: good news for those traveling with children, and those not..; )
- The ingredients we use in our class are 100% organic, no GMO, farm-to-table
- Over the years, we have researched and developed a naturally low-gluten, high protein pasta recipe
- We look up to solo travelers, and will run our activities even for just one guest, at no extra cost.
- Max 8 people in each group: so we can give you all the attention you deserve
- For every meal we serve you, we provide one for a homeless person, through the Progetto Arca Foundation
- Last but not least…unlimited local wine for our guests. Headache-free, guaranteed.
- …and if you’d like to crawl straight to bed after cooking, eating and drinking, you can spend the night at the villa
HERE IS WHAT WE DO, WHERE, AND HOW:
In the heart of Chianti yet with Florence in sight, 21 years after we founded the Accidental Tourist
we still thoroughly enjoy sharing our tradition and appreciation for wine and authentic food,
adapting to your time budget, with our full-day and half-day tours.
Time, practice, experience (and curiosity!) have helped us perfect our hands-on cooking class
to minimize gluten and carb content in our fresh pasta making class,
to create food that is just as delicious, but lighter, and healthier: so you can eat more!
Opening our home in Tuscany to our guests – with a special passion for families, solo travelers, couples –
has been our work and passion since 1998.
However our welcoming heritage has deeper roots than the Accidental Tourist:
Our home is a watchtower built is 1146, and has been in our family for 6 generations:
Michelangelo, Galileo, Rodolfo, Giovanni, Majla, Eva and Giotto.
During WWII, many strangers were sheltered, and lives were saved in these stone walls.
As heirs of this abode, we want to honor its vocation:
to welcome strangers, ’til they are no longer strangers.
CLICK your PREFERRED DATE on the CALENDAR below, to see WHAT is available.
(NOTE: BELOW THE CALENDAR you will see ONLY what’s available on the date highlighted)
To see ALL ACTIVITIES, and WHEN they are available CHOOSE FROM “ACTIVITIES” on the MAIN MENU
LAST MINUTE REQUEST, AND YOUR DATE SHOWS UNAVAILABLE? THERE IS STILL HOPE!
Contact us WhattsApp: +39 3486020257