This apartment is the “hat” of a 12th century watchtower villa, in the hills south east of Florence, Italy.
The apartment combines 2 apartments (which are also available separately):
- A 70 square meter high-ceiling large rooms divided in two by an arch:
- On one side a super-equipped kitchen and dining area. Above it, a loft with full size bed.
- On the other side, an antique Swedish ceramic wood burning stove supplies charm and extra heat. A lounge sofa right in front of it, facing the window with view of the church bell-tower, makes for our very favorite nap location!
- In the niche that was once the fireplace, we have created a super cozy sleeping area with a queen size bed, surrounded by books.
On the same floor, full bathroom.
- Above the kitchen, a loft with a cozy bedroom with full-size bed.
- THIS SPACE IS PRIVATE, for exclusive use of our guests – however it is our main residence, so you will find traces of a lived-in home, all neatly stored away or available for you to use.
- An additional kitchenette with dishwasher, washer and dryer
- A bedroom with a queen size bed (that can be made into 2 single beds)
- A quiet, cool (with AC too!) living area ideal for retreats, with 2 single sofa-beds, which are 2 real mattresses
- A large bathroom with bathtub and separate shower
- Above one flight of stairs, the “master” bedroom with queen size (A/C too)
- Above it all, the tower terrace, of course, with its 360 degree view!
- There is central heat and WIFI, as well as toys and books in English too
- THIS SPACE IS PRIVATE, for exclusive use of our guests
These 2 apartments (A + B) are connected.
Majla, I hope this note finds you well. As I look through old photos & reflect on this year, I realize that our day with you may have been our best. It was beyond doubt the most meaningful to our daughter, Helen, about to leave for university. In a summer of tumult, she was so calm in your kitchen. So present, so taken by the kindness. She loved working with her hands. I think something shifted in her brain, or maybe her heart. When we left, she said to me on the walk home, “Steve is the happiest person I’ve ever met – She realized – he had designed his life. Lived as he wanted to live: fully, with richness, beauty, and kindness.” She saw a carpet of options unrolling before her. Her life would no longer be a box.
Finally, thank you for all you do to make this world a more beautiful place. If you ever feel it goes unnoticed, it does not. Your fingerprints are all over my child.