This unique apartment is a “medieval penthouse” on top of a historical villa, on the hills south east of Florence, Tuscany. There are about 55 stairs to get to the apartment, but that is what makes it so cozy and panoramic!
This apartment is private, for exclusive use of our guests. However it usually is our main residence, so you will find traces of a lived-in home, all neatly stored away or available for you to use.
- A total of 4 can comfortably sleep here + a child on a floor mattress.
- Made up of 2 high-ceiling large rooms defined by an arch. An arched “barn door” can slide to separate these two areas
- In the first room, a kitchen (renovated and fully equipped) and a dining area with a single bed (a tradition in our home)
- Above the kitchen, a loft. The full bed is up there
- Off of this area is the bathroom with bathtub
- On the other side of the arch, a living area with antique Swedish ceramic wood-burning stove supplies charm and extra heat. A chaise long facing the window with view of the church bell tower, makes for our very favorite nap location!
- The queen size bed also serves as a tv couch has been voted by our friends “coziest cuddliest den”.
WIFI, shaded garden, sunny garden, BBQ, cable TV, music, books
Cooking class on the premises, includes dinner/lunch and unlimited wine
Also, on some days you can have dinner made for you, and delivered from our kitchen to ours
Cooking class and wine tasting available! (cost per person: 65€ p/p, Visa and MC accepted – if you wish to precede the class with a wine tour to a nearby winery, add 55€ p/p)
Detailed tour of the cantina, 4 wines and transportation included
We have 3 well behaved, neutered cats. They normally have access to the house, but are also used to going to other parts of the building. Some guests specifically request the cats to be in the house, others don’t mind them, others are allergic. So just let us know your preference and the cats will oblige.
Majla, I hope this note finds you well. As I look through old photos & reflect on this year, I realize that our day with you may have been our best. It was beyond doubt the most meaningful to our daughter, Helen, about to leave for university. In a summer of tumult, she was so calm in your kitchen. So present, so taken by the kindness. She loved working with her hands. I think something shifted in her brain, or maybe her heart. When we left, she said to me on the walk home, “Steve is the happiest person I’ve ever met – She realized – he had designed his life. Lived as he wanted to live: fully, with richness, beauty, and kindness.” She saw a carpet of options unrolling before her. Her life would no longer be a box.
Finally, thank you for all you do to make this world a more beautiful place. If you ever feel it goes unnoticed, it does not. Your fingerprints are all over my child.