SO, REALLY, WHY CHOOSE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST?
- We really want you to like Accidental Tourist! If you not, you don’t have to pay for it
- Max 8 people in each group: so we can give you all the attention you deserve
- Founded in the spring of 1998, it was the first cooking class in Florence!
- We welcome you in our own home: a 900 year old villa, in our family for 6 generations
- For every meal we serve you, we provide one for a homeless person, through the Progetto Arca Foundation
- We offer private classes for families with children: good news for those traveling with children, and those not..; )
- We look up to solo travelers, and will run our activities even for just one guest, at no extra cost.
- Last but not least…unlimited good quality wine for our guests. Headache-free, guaranteed.
HERE IS WHAT WE DO, WHERE, AND HOW:
In the heart of Chianti yet with Florence in sight, 20 years after we founded the Accidental Tourist
we still thoroughly enjoy sharing our tradition and appreciation for wine and authentic food,
adapting to your time budget, with our full-day and half-day tours.
Time, practice, experience (and curiosity!) have helped us perfect our hands-on cooking class
to minimize gluten and carb content in our fresh pasta making class,
to create food that is just as delicious, but lighter, and healthier: so you can eat more!
Opening our home in Tuscany to our guests – with a special passion for families, solo travelers, couples –
has been our work and passion since 1998.
However our welcoming heritage has deeper roots than the Accidental Tourist:
Our home is a watchtower built is 1146, and has been in our family for 6 generations:
Michelangelo, Galileo, Rodolfo, Giovanni, Majla, Giotto.
During WWII, many strangers were sheltered, and lives were saved in these stone walls.
As heirs of this abode, we want to honor its vocation: